The Technical Writer researches and prepares documentation, design configuration tools and training materials to support the engineering, fabrication, assembly, commissioning, installation and operation of converting equipment.
Job Responsibilities & Essential Functions of the Job:
- Create illustrations and procedures to enhance the understanding of converting equipment operations.
- Identify and organize converting equipment technical documentation including association of documents with specific equipment.
- Collect and generate required engineering and project documentation, interpreting documentation requirements after interacting with company personnel and the specific customer contract.
Support engineering functions with design package documentation and configuration tools, specification and selection support, internal standards and continuous improvement efforts.
- Collaborate with others (including in person) to proactively develop bread-based personal knowledge, skills and abilities towards key JOA competencies.
- Take, edit and catalog digital pictures for use in documentation.
- Take, edit and catalog digital pictures of equipment ready for shipment.
Occasional Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other departments to ensure engineering design intent satisfies overall needs.
- Perform research and maintain databases/libraries to facilitate retrieval of IP related information.
- Requires education generally equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree in Technical Writing or related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Requires 2-3 years of technical writing and documentation experience with mechanical design experience a plus.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills to effectively prepare technical documentation and training materials.
- Requires strong understanding of product functions, assembly techniques, and engineering design processes
- Requires the ability to use audio visual and imaging equipment, Microsoft office software (word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, etc…), Adobe software, Framemaker and AutoCAD.
- Requires the ability to wear safety glasses, hard hat and hearing protection in accordance with company policies while working in a manufacturing environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and/or use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls. The employee must regularly talk and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, and/or walk, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and/or reach above shoulders. The employee must occasionally travel on company business.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while participating in the start up process. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Curt G. Joa, Inc., 100 Crocker Avenue, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America