The Process Technician performs and coordinates converting equipment start up and check out duties to support on time and functional delivery of company products.
· Engineering/Project Leaders
DESCRIPTION OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
· Assist with converting equipment start up and check out procedures to ensure the on time and functional delivery of company products.
· Solve process issues utilizing a methodical and well-communicated approach with the Project Leader.
· Complete line audits and document process changes. Coordinate engineering equipment upgrades through the engineering function. Ensure documentation is accurate and properly posted on the network.
· Extensive travel including travel abroad. Long term field support will be expected/extended stays.
· Provide training and process support both in the plant and at the customer location.
· Participate in morning planning meetings to develop daily activities/task list. Obtain proper level of resources from technical services.
· Effectively and professionally communicate with the customer especially in high pressure situations.
· Identify and eliminate safety hazards and maintain safe operating procedures. Maintain appropriate and timely housekeeping procedures in the bay.
· Review and update the standard action list on a continuous basis.
DESCRIPTION OF OCCASIONAL DUTIES:
· Build, assemble and install parts as needed.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.)
· Requires education generally equivalent to an Associate’s degree in electro-mechanical technology, engineering technology or equivalent experience.
· Requires 0 to 3 years converting equipment start up and process improvement experience.
· Ability to travel internationally for extended periods of time, up to 50% per year.
· Requires good oral and written communication skills to effectively communicate with engineering and manufacturing staff and customers concerning start up and process improvement issues.
· Requires strong knowledge of process improvement techniques.
· Requires forklift certification and the ability to safely drive a forklift.
· Requires the ability to use a lathe, drill press, and welding equipment.
· Requires knowledge of and ability to use hand tools, power tools, a tachometer, strobe light, temperature probe, high-speed camera, baler, and calipers.
· Requires working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 software.
· Possess solid understanding of electro-mechanical & pneumatic principles of operation.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described here are representatives of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The phrases “occasionally,” “regularly,” and “frequently” correspond to the following definitions: “occasionally” means up to 1/3 of working time, “regularly” means between 1/3 and 2/3 of working time, and “frequently” means 2/3 and more of working time.)
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required stand, walk, talk and/or hear, use hands to finger, handle, or touch objects, tools, or controls, climb or balance, and/or stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally sit, use feet/foot to operate machine controls, and/ or reach above shoulders.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds while moving raw materials, scrap, and equipment. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: (The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
The employee frequently works near moving mechanical parts. The employee occasionally is exposed to fumes and airborne particles and/or toxic or caustic chemicals.
The noise level in the work environment is usually very loud.
The above statements reflect the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the occupation described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the occupation.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- Curt G. Joa, Inc., 100 Crocker Avenue, Sheboygan Falls, Wisconsin, United States of America