The Mishkon Division provides supports and services in a healthy and safe environment for individuals with intellectual/ developmental disabilities living in residential programs and in community settings. Our core values are to provide a healthy and safe environment that promotes person centered planning, community integration, and close collaboration with families and the community. This is all accomplished through an Orthodox Jewish lens, and with an understanding that staff, at all levels of the division, is the determining factor in achieving positive outcomes for our clients.
Prepare and cook meals with the ability to read and understand measurements and cooking instructions. To ensure proper stock levels of food are maintained.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- To prepare meals in adherence of the standards of OPWDD’s modified texture requirements as well as to the specialized diet orders provided by the dietician.
- Prepare quantity meals, tastefully, with minimal waste and spoilage from menus provided by Dietician/Manager
- Submit orders to manager in a timely manner.
- Adhere to Glatt Kosher Dietary Laws as required by the agency’s rabbinical supervision.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- HS diploma preferred.
- Ability to read and write and follow oral and written instructions.
- 3-5 years’ experience cooking and the use of unsophisticated tools.
- Knowledge and experience with Kosher dietary laws required
- Obtains a Food Handlers Certificate within 6 months of hire date.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Job Function Technicians
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital
- Required Education High School
- 1358 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA