WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Jewish Board is currently seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to be responsible for all aspects of the building’s physical plant, including oversight and direction of the work of other maintenance titles assigned to the program, including porters/ handymen. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Performing and supervising staff in performing simple repair jobs to plumbing, electrical and perform light carpentry work, when needed; May be called upon to perform any of the tasks normally associated with his/her subordinates
- Regular facility inspections to ensure cleanliness and that all facilities are operational; Inspect all work performed by maintenance staff/external vendors to ensure quality of work and compliance with specifications
- Ensures that non-technical equipment (lights, air conditioners, etc.) are maintained and working appropriately; Ensures that all necessary fire regulations are adhered to (that fire extinguishers are in working order, that exits are kept clear) etc.
- Supervises any necessary grounds keeping
- Ensures that security measures are in place and adhered to with regard to worker/client safety
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented facilities professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 3 years of prior experience in building maintenance and supervision
- Strong practical knowledge of plumbing, carpentry and electrical work; Competent understanding of basic commercial/residential building structures and systems is required
- A Valid driver’s license, and clean driving record is required for this position
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital
- Travel Required Yes
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA