8802A | Regional Facilities Manager
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to
over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
We are seeking a Maintenance Manager who will play a pivotal role in the Facilities Management team as a key support member, multitasking on several fronts resulting in increased overall departmental performance and efficiency. This is a hands-on role, responsible for providing oversight and upkeep of multiple agency facilities/sites by maintaining regular contact with Division staff, identifying problems and assisting in resolving issues; Meets regularly to assess productivity and address program needs. The Maintenance Manager will also be responsible for monitoring, coordinating, following up, closing out and reporting of work order assignments for Facility Trades staff in the Sys Aid program; Assisting in the expansion and development of other facility related computerized monitoring/reporting systems, etc. as required helping streamline work flow.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented facilities professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A High school diploma or equivalent is required with a minimum of seven (7) years of relevant experience in building maintenance, such as heating, ventilation, air conditioning, electrical, and plumbing; three (3) years of which must be in supervisor capacity; OR BOMA/IFMA Certified Facility Manager Qualification, plus five (5) years of technical experience; three (3) of which must be in a supervisory capacity; OR an Associate’s degree in a related field, with a minimum of five (5) years of technical experience; three (3) or which must be in a supervisory capacity; OR a Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of three (3) years of relevant professional experience in Facilities Management, Property Management, Building Services, or other relevant experience, preferred; one of which must be in a supervisory capacity
- Valid driver’s license maintained throughout the course of employment
- Competent understanding of basic commercial/residential building structures and systems is required
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Facility Support [100s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 9040 - Non-Professional Hospital
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 1358 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA