WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days at hire
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus
ABOUT THE JOB
The Grand Concourse Counseling Center (“GCCC”) is an Article 31 OMH certified outpatient mental health clinic. The clinic is located in a racially and culturally diverse community and treatment and services are provided in a culturally affirming manner. The clinic serves individuals of all ages and their families and support systems. In addition to the main site, the clinic has one school satellite located at the Bronx Studio School for Writers and Artists.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Responsible for the clinical, operational and fiscal oversight of the clinic including developing budgets and being proficient at collecting and analyzing data to guide decision making.
- Conducting regularly scheduled supervision to direct reports and lead staff meetings.
- Responsible for ensuring services are billed accurately and timely with minimal loss of revenue.
- Ensuring clinical standards and procedures are in place to maximize access to care and ensure quality services are provided to improve outcomes.
- Responsible for and oversight of all aspects of workforce development: including but not limited to, filling vacancies, orienting new staff, evaluating performance, and addressing problematic performance and behaviors, including termination of staff.
- Managing crises and ensure all policies and protocols are followed to manage clinical risk.
- Responding to incidents and ensuring all State regulatory and agency policies are followed when reporting occurrences and incidents.
- Conducting community outreach and maintain relationships with external stakeholders.
- Working collaboratively with multiple JB departments, including but not limited to: Human Resources, Finance Department, Integrated Health Department and Outcomes Department to implement initiatives and achieve agency and program goals.
- Attending leadership meetings and participating on committees.
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Department Directors of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Work and LCSW required.
- Experience acting in senior administrative and leadership roles.
- Experience working in outpatient mental health clinic preferred.
- Knowledge of OMH, COA, OMIG, and other regulatory bodies.
- Excellent engagement and communication skills.
- Minimum of five (5) years of closely related experience.
- Spanish language preferred
- Proficient with electronic health record; Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook); comfortable and proficient using audio video platforms (i.e., Zoom).
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Directors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 2488 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10458, USA