Behavioral Health Clinician
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus
ABOUT THE JOB
The Behavioral Health Clinician in our Bronx Early Childhood Treatment Center is responsible for supplying necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Additional responsibilities include:
- Providing short and long-term clinical treatment with young children (ages 0-5) and their families, including individual, dyadic/family and group therapy.
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date case records, e.g. progress notes, assessments and treatment plans, statistics, and other documentation as required by JBFCS and other governmental licensing and funding entities.
- Supporting to families, including case coordination and navigation of various city systems, including but not limited to The Committee on Preschool Special Education.
- Crisis intervention when indicated as part of the treatment.
- Attending required meetings and training.
- Participating as a member of the Early Childhood Treatment Center team, working collaboratively with Family Peer Advocates and Consultants.
- Other duties as assigned.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for a talented Behavioral Health Clinicians of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- LMSW, LMHC, LCAT or Limited Permit/Licensed Psychologist.
- Experience working with children and families is required; experience working with young children and families is preferred.
- Knowledge of or experience working with Early Intervention, Committee on Preschool Special Education, Foster Care, ACS, preventive services and other systems/programs that serve young children and families is preferred.
- Fluency in Spanish is preferred.
- Available to work at least 2 evenings
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 2488 Grand Concourse, Bronx, NY 10458, USA