WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension.
ABOUT THE JOB
The Jewish Board’s Children’s Community Residences provide vision-driven, compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services and skills development to youth and families in the communities we serve. We operate 4 Children’s Community Residences: 1 in Staten Island and 3 in the Bronx. The Jewish Board is currently seeking an Office Manager to assist in creating a fully operational, smooth-running facility at the Bronx Community Residences. This role is responsible for providing program support, and building relationships with the community, clients, and staff. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with workflow management of porters and clerical, and changes of assignments for appointed staff, including submission of all PAF’s and HR related forms
- Oversight of Daily Census, and ensuring billing policies/procedures adhered to; Monitoring, distributing, replenishing and reconciling petty cash and pay card statements
- Implementation/oversight of inventory tracking systems; Responsible for ordering program supplies and overseeing invoices
- Oversight of the maintenance/repairs of program vehicles; Oversight/tracking of IT tickers regarding the program functioning, repairs, installation, etc.
- Providing secretarial support/assistance to the program director and other management staff members
- May be called upon to perform any of the tasks normally associated with his/her subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented individuals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- An Associate’s degree is required for this role; Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of related work experience, including some supervision experience
- A current, clean and valid Driver’s license is required for this position. The Office Manager may be required to drive agency vehicles in the course of providing job related services as authorized
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel
- Ability to travel within the communites
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Associate Degree
- 2215 Holland Ave, Bronx, NY 10467, USA