WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to 3 weeks’ vacation at start
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Unlimited opportunities for employee referral bonuses
ABOUT THE JOB
Geller House is a 24/7 short-term residential center in Staten Island that provides rapid intervention, assessments, treatment services, education, social and recreational activities for at-risk adolescent’s ages 11-16 years old who are struggling with family and trauma related issues including; long-term abuse, neglect, substance abuse and mental illness.
Geller House is currently looking for a Team Leader to act as the functional supervisor of the program, responsible for the day-to-day operations of the facility.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Managing the day-to-day operations of residential program, including providing supervision of Milieu/Direct Support staff; and ensuring appropriate program coverage; Providing direct/milieu care on an as-needed basis
- Overseeing the day-to-day implementation of the clients’ treatment plans
- Acting as integral part of the interviewing process, with input into final hiring recommendations
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented individuals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree, with 3 years of related experience; Masters preferred
- A Valid, clean driver’s license is required; willingness and ability to drive agency vans/vehicles; ability to travel in the community with the residents
- Residential experience preferred; Excellent supervisory and resident engagement skills
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 77 Chicago Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA