WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
ABOUT THE JOB
The Corporate Compliance department supports the Jewish Board in maintaining compliance in all areas of operations, with a focus on promoting a culture of compliance, preventing and detecting fraud, waste and abuse, and educating staff on their rights to report suspected non-compliance.
The Coordinator is responsible for providing support to Corporate Compliance matters including investigations, training, audits and the daily operations of the compliance department. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Responsible for agency-wide accreditation activities, including coordinating accreditation and organizing annual updates
- Managing/tracking all regulatory corrective actions and implementation, including: collaborating with program staff to develop plans of corrective action, managing tracking databases, and analyzing the data for trends/reporting
- Conducting Corporate Compliance audits; Assisting with the development of policy and procedures
- Supporting Corporate Compliance by: conducting new employee orientation presentations, representing the agency in corporate compliance meetings/forums
- Managing ongoing Corporate Compliance projects, including those related to compliance audits and follow-up training
- Supporting executive administration, including the Corporate Compliance Officer, and Corporate Counsel, with relevant projects
- Other tasks as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree is required; MS/MA/MPA/LCSW/LMSW preferred
- At least 1-3 years of prior healthcare compliance experience working in adult/children services programs
- Knowledge of OPWDD/OMH/OCFS/ACS/OCFS regulations, including Incident Special Investigations Training for Justice Center reportable incidents
- Prior experience in investigative techniques, procedures and/or program auditing; and interpretation of regulation and/or policy development and implementation is preferred
- Must be able to be flexible for investigations and able to travel to sites as needed
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA