The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
- This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus
The Bay Ridge Counseling Center is a licensed outpatient mental health clinic that provides services to all age groups from young children to adolescents and adults. This program offers a full spectrum of services to address the social and emotional well-being of all individuals in a safe and nurturing culturally sensitive environment.
The Social Worker is responsible for providing culturally competent and sensitive evidence-based clinical interventions for clients as part of a therapeutic team in a community mental health clinic. This role is also responsible for maintaining case records and other documents, plus administrative reporting regarding client services, using electronic record keeping and software systems. Other responsibilities include:
- Providing treatment to adults, teens, and children
- Providing referrals, access to benefits or care management, and crisis intervention when needed
- Using evidence-based modalities to treat individuals and families
- Leading small groups
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date case records
- Participating in staff meetings, supervision, and continuing education activities
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Social Workers of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree in Social Work, (MSW), with a minimum of one year of relevant experience with similar population required.
- LMSW or LCSW licensure required.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 9201 4th Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11209, USA