WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
ABOUT THE JOB
The Jewish Board is seeking a Case Assistant at our Geller House in Staten Island. The Geller House is a short-term residential center that provides rapid intervention, assessments, treatment services, education, social and recreational activities for at-risk adolescents ages 11-16 years old who are struggling with family related issues, including; long-term abuse, neglect, substance abuse and mental illness. The Case Assistant will work within the Social Work department to assist with matters relating to our resident population. Some responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Making home/community visits, and conducting assessments; making routine community contacts on behalf of a social worker (e.g., school reports, medical reports, police reports, etc.); providing supervision during family visits; and collaborating with oversight agencies to ensure proper access for cases
- Routinely enter, manage and update client data into various databases
- Completing tasks associated with a DSP and/or Case Associate, which may include: escorting a resident on an appointment, supervising residents onsite/in community, and assisting in times of crisis
- Completing tasks associated with that of a clerical position, such as filling, data entry and supply storage; assisting with Inventory; maintaining/submitting department receipts; answering calls/messages
- Other duties may be assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required
- A current, valid and clean Driver’s license is required for this position
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education High School
- 77 Chicago Ave, Staten Island, NY 10305, USA