WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Jewish Board’s Adult Residential Services division provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. Our staff use a culturally competent, person centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, in instill hope and to strengthen resiliency.
The Case Associate is responsible for helping residents of The Jewish Board’s supported housing programs live in the community as independently as possible. Responsibilities include but, are not limited to:
- Evaluating and assessing independent living skills, and supporting residents in meeting individual goals
- Advocates on behalf of residents with other services providers
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
You should have:
- AA/S degree and two year of experience in a community mental health setting OR GED and at least five (5) years of experience in a community mental health setting is required
- Excellent resident engagement skills; Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as with a team
- Ability to travel to visit residents in apartments or to escort residents; Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive agency van preferred.
- Willingness to work with a seriously mentally ill population, many with experiences of homelessness and substance use.
- Compassion and respect for vulnerable individuals
- Patience and understanding for the sometimes slow process of stabilization and recovery
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8865 - Residential/Shelter Clerical Workers
- Far Rockaway, Queens, NY, USA