WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
The Jewish Board’s Adult Residential Services division provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. Our staff use a culturally competent, person centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, in instill hope and to strengthen resiliency.
The Residence Manager provides leadership to the staff. S/he is instrumental in taking the steps necessary to ensure that the program’s goals and mission are implemented in line with Agency expectations and practices as well as the smooth operations of the program in line with the Director’s instructions. The position requires that the incumbent carry a cell phone 24x7x365.
Tasks include but not limited to:
- Assumes supervisor responsibility for program staff. This includes staff supervision (including any necessary disciplinary actions), training, development and evaluation. The Residence Manager also ensures that appropriate and timely direct clinical supervision is provided to all direct care staff
- Performs routine audits of client records to ensure completeness and compliance with Agency standards
- Ensures safety and confidentiality of all client records
- Ensures safety of all controlled substances and medications within program and audits procedures in order to verify that appropriate protocols are being followed at all times.
- Monitors mediation records to ensure that medication is being distributed as prescribed
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
You should have:
- HS Diploma required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum four years of experience and at least one which involved significant supervisory responsibilities
- Knowledge of the adult mentally ill population strongly preferred.
- The position requires that the incumbent carry a cellular phone 24x7x365.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- 97-77 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374, USA