1701A | Supervising Office Manager
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB:
The Jewish Board’s Adult Residential Services division provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. Our staff use a culturally competent, person centered approach to help individuals and their families develop skills and resources to improve overall functioning, in instill hope and to strengthen resiliency.
The Office Manager in the AMI Residential Programs works to support program operations, oversees billing and program fee collections, and functions as part of the residential service delivery team.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Supervise the program’s administrative systems and operations.
- Responsibilities for overseeing all the office activities for all programs. Supervise and direct the department’s clerical workflow and productivity.
- Provide weekly supervision to administrative assistant(s).
- Responsible for Medicaid and other insurance billing. Oversee fee and billing processing, perform insurance eligibility checks, review and correct pre-billing reports and errors, resolve denials, and ensure that agency practices and procedures are being adhered to.
- Oversee fee processing and ensure that external and internal agency policies are being adhered to.
- Conduct audits of all data entry performed to ensure accuracy and to determine that staff understands all procedures associated with such process.
- Monitor, distribute and replenish the petty cash for the program.
- Request, process, track and distribute Personal Needs Allowances, food monies and clothing monies.
- Complete and submit all AP1’s and follow-up with vendors and JBFCS Central Office to ensure timely payment of invoices.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
You should have:
- High School diploma required, BA preferred.
- Minimum of three years of related work experience including supervision, prior experience working in a social service setting preferred.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- 55 Westchester Square, The Bronx, NY 10461, USA