1678A | Social Worker (Licensed)
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid training. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to 3 weeks’ vacation at start
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Unlimited opportunities for employee referral bonuses
The Social Worker is responsible for supplying necessary clinical intervention within the realm of the program. Provide cultural competent and sensitive services. As part of a therapeutic team within the agency, work closely with the medical, psychiatric and psychology providers, to ensure the appropriate treatment interventions for the resident.
RESPONSIBILITIES include but not limited to:
- Carry a caseload and provide case management services to individuals. Provide social work interventions based on assessment of resident’s need and case service plan.
- Conduct assessments, unit inspections, and complete clinical documentation as required in a timely manner. Document all resident contact in progress notes.
- Conduct services with residents using evidence base practices specifically Critical Time Intervention.
- Complete all intake assessment and coordinate intake process for new residents
- Complete all initial required assessment upon admission and annually based on funders requirements.
- Prepare integrative Person Centered Service plan, based on assessments from referral source and in collaboration with resident.
- Maintain an up to date clinical charts at all times.
- Provide services to residents using social work modalities through appropriate use of agency and community resources, including advocacy and crisis intervention.
- Facilitate groups on and off site.
- Travel to designated hospitals to conduct in reach.
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED :
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, (MSW), with a minimum of one year relevant experience with similar population.
- LMSW certification required. Previous work with individuals with severe and persistent mental illness and substance abuse a plus.
- Spanish speaking a plus.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Knowledge of electronic medical systems or CONNECTIONS preferred.
- Comfortable with using Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- 265 E Burnside Ave, The Bronx, NY 10457, USA