4954A | Coordinator CCP
The Domestic Violence Consultant will function as the clinical consultant on domestic violence issues impacting families known to child welfare.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide case-specific consultations to ACS staff on problem assessment and identification, case investigation, case planning and / or case management as it pertains to domestic violence issues.
- Provide training to ACS staff in domestic violence assessment, safety planning and service options.
- In conjunction with the Team Coordinator and other consultants develop a clinical team that provides coordinated consultations in cases where there may be co-morbidity.
- Complete required documentation of clinical consults provided within the requisite time frames.
- Create linkages with ACS Child Protective staff regarding domestic violence issues and information to assess training needs.
- In conjunction with the Team Coordinator create linkages with domestic violence providers for resource and information dissemination.
- Providing case-specific consultations may involve direct contact with clients, providing for a more informed consultation service.
- Where indicated and assessed, may have some level of direct family involvement with home / community visiting in conjunction with ACS / Child Protective Staff to model effective strategies for engagement, assessment and problem solving.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work or related discipline
- MA plus 2-3 years of direct domestic violence experience and experience working with / knowledge of local DV providers or BSW, BA plus two years direct DV experience and two years of social service experience plus experience working with / knowledge of local DV providers.
- Mental health and / or substance abuse knowledge helpful.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 250 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235, USA