5550A | Case Assoc
POSITION OVERVIEW: BROOKLYN OFFICE
The Case Associate functions as a case planner and is responsible for supplying appropriate interventions to ensure client care. Working within the client’s community, develops action plans to effectively identify and utilize existing resources and establish new resources for client care.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Routine community contacts on behalf of social worker, e.g. school reports, medical reports.
- Locates and makes use of appropriate community resources for clients.
- Evaluates actual living conditions of clients through home visits.
- May interpret agency function to client and demonstrate this in terms of concrete help.
- Provides structure to the client, evaluates and assess usage of independent living skills and provides guidance in these areas to the client.
- May run groups, under the supervision of the social worker.
- In concert with the Sr. Case Planner, evaluates clients for the purpose of beginning, monitoring and following up on individualized treatment programs including child safety.
- Individualizes and understands the needs of the individual client, the family and its support network in relation to each other.
- Identifies appropriate treatment or service providers and facilitates client referral to internal and external and/or community linkage programs.
- Performs individual/group counseling; long or short term depending on client need.
- Conduct Home Visits in which the needs of the family and child safety are assessed.
- Identify help for clients in obtaining needed services. Helping clients and families maintain medical, financial and social resources would be examples of such services.
- Provides case management to clients.
- Identifies and provides access to specific appropriate concrete services when necessary or requested and are in the best interest of the client.
- Performs community outreach and establishes linkages with other groups, individuals or organizations which may be helpful to our clients.
- Provides all necessary notes, progress notes, Risk Assessments and other paperwork as required.
ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS MAY INCLUDE:
- Establish a liaison with school officials to develop a stronger home/school link and secure educational records.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- BA Degree, with some experience in a community or social service group, OR at least five years of experience as a Case Assistant in a community or social service group, etc.
- Bilingual Haitian-Creole preferred
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA