WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
ABOUT THE JOB
The Cedar Knolls House Hard to Place Group Residence (Bronx, NY) serves girls ages 12 to 21 who exhibit a wide range of emotional and behavioral challenges stemming from acute and/or chronic traumatization.
The Jewish Board is seeking a Case Associate to support the clinical team by working directly with the youth and families to help the youth achieve permanency, independent living, or transition to a lower level of care.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Locating and ensuring appropriate community resources for clients
- Evaluating living conditions of clients and families through home visits
- Visiting with incarcerated clients/parents and meeting with clients in hospitals
- Representing agency and client in court
- Providing coverage for case manager and holding caseload as needed
- Completing progress notes, FASPS, and permanency hearing reports in electronic medical system and CONNECTIONS
- Assisting with housing applications, vital documents, passports, etc.
- Attending ACS planning meetings
- Providing crisis support to youth and families
A Bachelor's Degree is required
Experience working with vulnerable, at-risk youth, who have experienced complex-trauma and/or experience in the foster care system
Valid driver’s license and willingness to drive agency vehicles/use public transportation throughout the 5 boroughs and beyond.
Strong written and verbal skills
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 4462 Park Ave, Bronx, NY 10457, USA