Day Habilitation Support Professional
The Habilitation Support Professional (HSP) supports individuals with Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities in the Home and Community Based Setting (HCBS) and the Day Habilitation programs. The HSP is required to follow the Individualized Service Plan (ISP), and/or the Day Habilitation Plan promoting independence and person centered decision making.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
- Responsible for clients in the home or day habilitation setting ensuring safety of the clients, promoting independence, and working in a person centered manner to meet the needs and choices of the client.
- Responsible to tend to personal hygiene needs of the client(s).
- Work with client, guardian/advocate and supervisor to help identify valued outcomes for the individualized habilitation plan.
- Implements the valued outcomes on a daily basis using agency documentation procedures.
- Develop and implement activities with clients and their primary care givers.
- Accompany clients on trips and outings and supervises activities.
- Participate as a member of the interdisciplinary team at treatment planning meetings to review progress and plan valued outcomes for the next six months.
- Shares and documents experiences and observation of the client(s) with treatment team during in person supervision, phone calls, and utilizing the electronic health record, including contacting supervisor for any medical or behavioral occurrence that is outside the baseline of the client.
- Understand all safeguards listed in the individuals’ treatment plan and follow accordingly.
- May be called upon to dispense medications (specific to Day Habilitation) should medication administration be needed during these hours.
- Complete OPWDD documentation requirements including monthly checklist and summary on a monthly basis.
- Follow agency guidelines for timekeeping through Dayforce, as well as completing mandatory agency trainings.
- Complete ongoing OPWDD and other trainings as required
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
High School diploma or a minimum of 1 year experience working with the IDD population and must be at least 18 years of age. AMAP certification required for the Day Habilitation setting during probationary period.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals):
Experience working with individuals with Intellectual Disabilities preferred.
COMPUTER SKILLS REQUIRED (List the computer skills needed):
Basic computer skills required including agency software programs and Electronic Health Record.
A current Motor vehicle license in good standing
VISUAL AND MANUAL DEXTERITY:
The candidate must be able to review treatment plans and document daily logs. The candidate must be able to have the dexterity to pick up small items to work with clients on a variety of activities.
WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL EFFORT:
The position may entail lifting clients using a mechanical device, positioning of client, pushing client in wheelchair, and transferring client physically where prescribed.
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Direct Care [200s]
- Job Function Paraprofessionals
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education High School
- 1358 56th St, Brooklyn, NY 11219, USA