The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
The Bronx REAL PROS program offers recovery-oriented and rehabilitation services for individuals 18 years of age and older who are living with a severe mental illness that causes a deficit in functioning. The program aims to help each participant achieve a psychiatric rehabilitation goal related to housing, work, education and/or socialization and help participants integrate into the community.
The Office Manager will oversee and ensure that the program’s administrative functions and needs are met, including billing and financial operations, facilities, and maintenance, data collection and databases, human resources matters, supplies and ordering, and supervising clerical staff. Specific responsibilities include:
- Assisting Director in all areas of program administration and management.
- Overseeing facility and maintenance needs for the program.
- Supervising clerical staff members, providing training, directing work flow, and monitoring for accuracy.
- Entering program attendance/billing for services into Anasazi in a timely manner as necessary
- Running and correcting billing audit reports and denials
- Maintaining organized billing and work files
- Running necessary program reports for billing certification and make corrections when necessary
- Entering and maintaining client demographic, diagnosis and insurance information in Anasazi and other electronic records systems as required
- Entering admissions, discharges and transfers into Anasazi and other electronic records systems as required
- Checking Medicaid eligibility, notifying the program supervisor of problems with eligibility
- Resolving problems related to billing, seeking guidance as necessary from supervisors
- Responsible for fiscal operations of the program
- Monitoring, distributing and replenishing petty cash and Metrocards for the program
- Completing and submitting all AP1s and follow-up with vendors and JBFCS Central Office to ensure timely payment of invoices
- Menu planning and food ordering for program lunch meals
- Managing all procedural issues around CACFP Food program, including intake forms, sign-in sheets, and meal count reports
- Monitoring and submitting all Human Resources forms as necessary and as directed by supervisors
- Maintaining on-site personnel records and credentials for all staff
- Supervising the filing and storage of case records, back-up billing documents, and all other program documentation
- Assisting in creating new case records and new volumes of charts
- Ordering and maintaining supplies for the program site
- Responsible for tracking necessary program data utilizing databases, Anasazi, and other available tools, which includes all admissions, discharges and reassignments, levels of service, and other measurable
- Maintaining required logs, paperwork and files for all equipment, which includes but is not limited to, copiers, faxes, computers, printers, telephones, security system, kitchen equipment and vehicles
- Monitoring and filing group notes by hour and day of service
- Ensuring that there is sufficient supply and good copies of all program forms available for use
- Ensuring preparation of new charts for admission and splitting of client charts into new and additional volumes
- Participating in staff meetings and Continuous Performance Improvement meetings and activities
- May be called upon to perform any of the tasks normally associated with subordinates
- Other duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented Office Managers of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications:
- Minimum three years’ of experience in office management or accounting.
- Minimum three years’ of supervisory experience.
- Proven organizational skills.
- Ability to work well with a team and to communicate effectively
- Capacity to manage projects and responsibilities effectively
- Strong managerial skills (written, analytical and verbal)
- Excellent computer skills in MS Word, Access, Excel and in using computer based billing systems
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Managers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8832 - Physician & Clerical
- 55 Westchester Square, The Bronx, NY 10461, USA