Social Worker (Licensed)
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others.
Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to 3 weeks’ vacation at start
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Tuition assistance and educational loan forgiveness
- Unlimited opportunities for employee referral bonuses
ABOUT THE JOB
The Jewish Board’s Community Behavioral Health treatment programs provide compassionate, high quality, evidence-based services to individuals and families in the communities we serve. The program provides a supervised, trauma informed therapeutic environment.
The Bruner House provides Teen Services to boys and girls, ages of 13-15 years old who are struggling with a wide range of psychiatric diagnoses, emotional crises, mental health, and behavioral issues. Under their individualized service plans, youth receive comprehensive clinical treatment and education, and are able to develop independent living skills and adaptive coping strategies for managing of their emotional and behavioral issues in order transition back into their home communities.
The Social Worker/Behavioral Health Clinician works directly with the youth and their families, in collaboration with their community health providers. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Interviewing/assessing youth and their families referred to the community residence; performing intake/admission assessments & documentation; Collaborating with, and orienting families/resources of the youth to the program services
- Developing individualized service plan for each youth, in collaboration with them, their families/resources, school, outpatient mental health providers, and other community providers
- Providing crisis intervention, clinical coordination of services, and after care as required; Working collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary therapeutic team
- Liaising with families, schools, healthcare providers, hospitals, criminal justice, and other community agencies to coordinate care
- Additional duties as assigned
The Jewish Board is currently looking for talented professionals of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions with the following qualifications
- A Master’s degree in social work, counseling, or psychology is required, including the respective professional licensure; Must be a New York State licensed professional in one of the following areas: LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, LMFT, LCAT, etc.
- The ability to travel and navigate the community in order to provide services where the youth and family will benefit most from the services delivered
- Prior experience with electronic health records
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8833 - Hospital - Professional Employees
- Travel Required Yes
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 2953 Bruner Ave, The Bronx, NY 10469, USA