8830A | Admin Assistant
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others. Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
One Call is a toll-free, quick, efficient way to learn about The Jewish Board’s services and schedule appointments for individual, group, family, or couples therapy and psychiatric services.
The Administrative Assistant is the clerical support person for the One Call Unit. S/he will be responsible for the daily support of the unit, take the lead as needed/assigned, and will ensure that intakes are completed in a timely, complete and customer friendly manner. In addition, s/he will handle statistical analysis for the program on a weekly basis.
We are always looking for talented people of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions, so that our staff is a direct reflection of the people we serve, with the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in helping profession or the equivalent of 3 years of strong related work experience.
- Excellent computer and technology skills including but not limited to knowledge/use of excel, word, PowerPoint, outlook.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong customer service experience required.
- A minimum of 3 years of supervisory experience required.
- Work in a behavioral healthcare setting preferred.
- Ability to work some evenings, on occasion, required.
- Bilingual preferred
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- 97-77 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374, USA