8830A | Intake Specialist
WORKING WITH US
The Jewish Board delivers innovative, best-in-class mental and behavioral health services to over 45,000 New Yorkers each year. We are unique in serving everyone from infants and their families, to children, teens, and adults. That adds up to countless opportunities to use your skills, training, and compassion to make a difference in the lives of others. Similarly, we support our employees through benefits like, professional development opportunities and paid supervision. Some of our other benefits include:
- Positions offer competitive compensation
- Continuing CME/CEU support through our tuition assistance program
- 15 agency holidays and 15 sick days in addition to generous vacation days
- Health/dental/vision plans that are subsidized up to 80%
- Access to 403(b) retirement benefits and a pension
- Unlimited employee referral bonus opportunities
- Commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion (DEI) through our many company initiatives, including employee resource groups (ERGs) like Confronting Structural Racism (COR), Coalition Against Anti-Semitism (CAAS), and the LGBTQ Steering Committee
ABOUT THE JOB
One Call is a toll-free, quick, efficient way to learn about The Jewish Board’s services and schedule appointments for individual, group, family, or couples therapy and psychiatric services.
The Intake Specialist will be responsible for screening all calls/requests for clinic service made to the centralized applications department. Upon contact with the client or potential client, the Intake Specialist will either schedule the client for an intake assessment by a staff Social Worker at the chosen clinic site, or recommend another service organization, which may more appropriately meet the clients’ needs.
We are always looking for talented people of all cultures, religions, races, and gender expressions, so that our staff is a direct reflection of the people we serve, with the following qualifications:
- BA in helping profession or 2 years of strongly related work experience preferred
- Computer literacy and an ability to communicate effectively with clients, potential clients and staff
- Strong attention to detail
- Bilingual preferred
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Pay Type Hourly
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- 97-77 Queens Blvd, Rego Park, NY 11374, USA