5585A | Therapist
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct assessment including review of referral information, identify and engage key participants, interview family to complete a functional analysis, identify strengths and weaknesses and developing an analysis of the fit problems within the ecological context
- Engage primary caregiver and other key participants in active change-oriented treatment by identifying and overcoming barriers to engagement
- Implement a problem conceptualization, treatment planning, intervention implementation, outcome review and strategy revision using the process
- Teach caregiver how to conduct random urine drug screens and breath scan to detect alcohol and drug use
- Collaborate with all relevant systems and key participants within each system to ensure their buy-in and cooperation throughout Treatment
- Participate in training, supervision and consultation activities
- Maintain clear and concise documentation in CNNX case record progress notes of treatment efforts, enter data into PROMIS; prepare reports to Probation if required
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s degree in Psychology, Social Work, Counseling or a related subject area.
- LMSW required, LCSW preferred.
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- Driver’s license; bilingual/bicultural
- Agreement to work a flexible schedule, comfortable with group supervision and commitment to work on professional development goals to improve adherence.
- Family systems theory and application
- social ecological theory and application
- behavioral therapies theory and knowledge
- cognitive-behavioral theory therapy and application
- pragmatic family therapies theory and application
- social skills assessment and intervention and child development research and its application in treatment
- Direct use of pragmatic family therapies
- Individual therapy with children and adults using cognitive behavioral techniques
- Marital therapy using behaviorally-based approaches
- Behavioral therapy targeting school behavior and academic performance
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Therapists
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 385 St Marks Pl, Staten Island, NY 10301, USA