4822A | Behavioral Health Supervisor
JCS provides an array of services to help New York City’s Jewish community address challenging problems, such as life-threatening medical condition, misuse of alcohol and other substances, family caregiving, loss and bereavement. Services are provided to individuals, groups, communities and synagogues. JCS provides concrete assistance, information and referral, short-term case management and supportive counseling, spiritual care, consultation services, education and workshops, crisis helpline for substance abuse and self-help recovery services.
The Behavioral Health Supervisor is a member of the program’s leadership team and is responsible for ensuring clients receive timely access to quality services, providing supervision and professional development of program staff, overseeing administrative functions to support program operations and collaborating with outside organizations and community partners.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (List the functions that are essential to achieve the goals):
- Ensuring clinicians have adequate case load sizes and programmatic assignments
- Monitor/manage individual and/or group scheduling
- Provision of direct services to clients, including linkages, referrals short term individual, family and/or group psychotherapy
- Provision or direct supervision of crisis intervention services
- Participating in hiring and orienting of new staff
- Timely completion of performance appraisals and appropriately addressing performance concerns
- Conducting or participating in staff training and development
- Monitoring staff attendance and vacation scheduling to ensure appropriate program coverage
- Supervising staff and student interns, as appropriate to licensure
- Planning and participating in other program activities.
- Facilitate team meetings, case conferences, and other meetings as assigned
- Ensure program and staff are in compliance with regulations and standards of care that govern the program
- Utilize a variety of electronic databases to monitor data collection and service delivery
- As part of program management, identify and develop systems to improve program operations
- May serve as back up to other program leaders, assuming responsibility for operations in their absence.
- Travel within New York City
- Perform other duties as assigned
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED (List all that is required to achieve this position):
- Master’s Degree in related field; professional licensure, if Master’s Degree is clinical (LMSW, LCSW, LMHC, Licensed Psychologist).
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE (List what the desire to reach goals):
- Minimum one year supervisory/managerial experience.
- Strong cultural competence in regard to Jewish religious, spiritual, cultural and communal practice.
- Solid clinical skills, and knowledgeable of evidence -based practices.
- Proven skills in collection and use of data, inter-personal relationships, and staff supervision and training
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Medical Professionals
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8854 - Health Care - Professional Svcs - Traveling
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- 135 W 50th St, New York, NY 10020, USA