6308A | SW Supervisor (Licensed, Non-Union)
The Supervisor leads the Care Management team and is responsible for ensuring day to day operation of the program under the supervision of the Director of Care Management. The supervisor is the onsite supervisor for the Care Management program team including Care Coordinators and Case Assistants (Peer Specialists) as well as consulting Nursing and Psychiatric team members. As needed, supervisors are also expected to perform the duties of Care Coordinators including, but not limited to coordination of services for an assigned caseload of enrollees. As this is an evolving program, additional responsibilities will be added.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Programmatic & Administrative:
- Provide administrative supervision to program staff.
- Ensure clinical and administrative compliance in all program areas.
- Monitor service provision, referrals and census.
- Ensure proper and timely monthly billing for services; utilize electronic and manual systems to run reports and monitor billing.
- Conduct and arrange staff training & development, as required, and conduct performance appraisals.
- Participate in and oversee admission and discharge processes and decisions.
- Develop and improve operations, systems, effectiveness, census and quality impact projects/activities.
- Conduct and participate in quality assurance activities, including Continuous Performance Improvement (CPI), consumer satisfaction surveys, and chart reviews and audits.
- Implement new initiatives and program improvement activities.
- Monitor and follow up on incidents.
- Conduct community outreach, develop and maintain strong linkage relationships with community service providers, and participate in network/coalitions meetings.
- Participate in and facilitate various meetings.
- Help interview and hire program staff; process staff termination in accordance with JBFCS Policy & Procedure.
- Schedule and monitor staff attendance, staff and vacation scheduling to ensure proper coverage.
- Serve as back up to the Director or Administrative Supervisor, assuming responsibility for operations in his/her absence.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned.
- Provide individual supervision to program staff.
- Provide direct service to participants, as needed.
- Help coordinate care for higher risk cases.
- Review and co-sign assessments, plans and other documentation as required.
- Plan and participate in program activities and services.
- Facilitate weekly team meetings, briefings and case conferences.
- Ensure quality assessments, risk management, service planning, service reviews, contact and progress notes.
- Other clinical duties, as assigned.
- Provide and supervise crisis intervention services.
- Ensure Crisis Intervention Incident Reporting
- Coordinate staff coverage of 24-hour coverage system
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- Master’s Degree in Social Work, Nursing, Public Health, Counseling Psychology, Psychology, Psychiatric Rehabilitation, Education, Public Administration or other related social service or health profession
- Licensure in a related field of practice (LCSW, LMSW, LMHC)
EXPERIENCE REQUIRED / LANGUAGE PREFERENCE:
- Proficiency in basic and intermediate computer skills
- The ability to maintain statistics using various computer programs.
- At least four years of experience in providing case/care management services to persons with disabilities (medical, psychiatric or cognitive disabilities) or comparable experience
- One year of supervisory experience preferred
- Experience working in interdisciplinary teams; experience providing case management or care coordination in a medical or behavioral health environment; experience working with the chronically ill
- Fluency in a second language such as Spanish, Russian, or Creole
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Clinical Staff [300s]
- Job Function Supervisors
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8857 - Case Worker - Social Services - Traveling
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 2020 Coney Island Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11223, USA