4954A | Coordinator CCP
POSITION OVERVIEW: DOMESTIC VIOLENCE CONSULTANT
The Domestic Violence Consultant will function as the lead clinical consultant on domestic violence issues impacting families known to child welfare.
KEY ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Provide case-specific consultations to ACS, Preventive and\or Foster Care staff on problem assessment and identification, case investigation, case planning and \ or case management as it pertains to domestic violence issues.
- Provide training to ACS, Preventive and\or Foster Care staff in domestic violence assessment, safety planning and service options.
- Complete required documentation of clinical consults, using ACS templates, within the requisite time frames.
- Maintain JB tracking log for requested and completed referrals.
- Follow up and\or check in with staff on consults as appropriate.
- Complete ACS statistical reports.
- Meet weekly productivity requirements.
- Outreach to CPS, Preventive and\or Foster Care to generate requests for consultation and\or training as needed.
- Work with the Team Coordinator to conduct ongoing needs assessment in the field office.
- Review and identify external resources for families in child welfare.
- Visit external resources linkages to ensure they are child welfare friendly and appropriate for child welfare involved families.
- Where indicated and assessed, may have some level of direct family involvement with home\community visiting in conjunction with ACS, Preventive or Foster Care to model effective strategies for engagement, assessment and problem solving.
- Participate in ERC, FTM or other conferences as assigned in the borough offices, preventive, foster care agencies, CBOs or home as needed.
- Care staff, to model effective strategies for engagement, assessment and problem solving.
- In conjunction with the Team Coordinator and other consultants develop a clinical team that provides coordinated consultations in cases where there may be co-morbidity.
- In conjunction with the team coordinator conduct focus groups and other linkages for assessment with ACS, Preventive and Foster Care staff regarding Domestic Violence issues and assess training needs.
- In conjunction with the Team Coordinator, create linkages with Domestic Violence providers for resource and information dissemination.
- Providing case-specific consultations may involve direct contact with clients, providing for a more informed consultation service.
- Other duties as assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / TRAINING REQUIRED:
- LMSW, MSW or MA plus three years of direct domestic violence experience and experience working with / knowledge of local DV providers or BSW, BA plus two years of direct DV experience and two years of social service experience plus experience working with / knowledge of local DV providers.
- Mental health and/or substance abuse knowledge helpful.
- Knowledge of the child welfare system preferred. Knowledge of domestic issues and current directives
- Willingness to work the City holiday schedule
We respect diversity and accordingly are an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage, citizenship status, age, disability, sex, gender, gender identity or expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, partnership status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
This applies with respect to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training, compensation, termination, assignments, benefits, employee activities, access to facilities and programs, and all other terms and condition of employment as well as general treatment during employment.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of qualified employees with disabilities, without regard to any protected classifications, unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Any employees who need assistance to perform their job duties because of a physical or mental condition should contact human resources.
- Job Family Program Administration [500s]
- Job Function Social Workers
- Pay Type Salary
- Employment Indicator 8810 - Clerical Office Employees NOC
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- 250 Neptune Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11235, USA