Complex Operations Manager - Charlotte, NC
The Complex Operations Manager is responsible for all operational, administrative and client support functions within a Complex (group of branch offices). The Complex Operations Manager also performs certain client supervision and support staff supervision for a Complex as delegated by the Complex Manager. This individual will function as an integral part of the Complex Manager’s team and work closely with the Compliance and Operations departments. Additionally, this individual will coordinate any operational matters involving the Complex with Home Office Operations staff and others in the firm.
- Overall supervisory responsibility for all branch operations functions in the Complex including but not limited to: cashiering, disbursement of checks and securities, processing incoming and outgoing correspondence, account transfers, margin, distribution of wire traffic, home office reports, maintenance of order tickets, client correspondence, and other documents consistent with firm retention requirements.
- Supervising and training all Complex support staff (Private Client Associates and Operations Assistants) to ensure that Financial Advisors (FAs) and clients receive superior service consistent with Janney policy and SRO rules. Specific supervisory tasks include but are not limited to:
- Sourcing, interviewing, selecting, hiring, registering and training of new support staff members including Private Client Associates and Operations Assistants.
- Conducting regular staff meetings as a forum for training on new policies and procedures and to facilitate open dialogue among Private Client Associates and/or other members of the support staff.
- Providing feedback to support staff members on their performance both on a routine basis and through annual performance reviews; addressing performance issues in conjunction with Complex Manager and Human Resources.
- Provide work direction to Private Client Associates and/or other members of the support staff and coordinate workflow within the office.
- Assist others by acting as a resource in the areas of training, coaching, and mentoring.
- Actively seek out and maintain an advanced knowledge base on all products and services, technology, forms and systems.
- Perform other duties as required that contribute to the overall effectiveness of the position and the complex as a whole.
- May be involved with on-boarding new FAs to the branch.
- Coordinate Complex recruiting activities with the Regional Assistant and Home Office as required.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- High School diploma, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Series 7, 9 and 10, 63 and 65, or 66 (all required); if you have significant relevant work experience, the 9 and 10 would need to be obtained immediately upon hire
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer skills in Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Able to work-effectively in a fast paced, deadline oriented environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to work effectively as part of a team
- Some travel may be required
- High ethical standards
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 4064 Colony Road, Charlotte, North Carolina, United States of America