Reporting to the Manager of accounting, this position will assist with the month end close and financial reporting functions.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Prepare and post journal entries across a broad range of balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Reconcile bank statements and general ledger accounts.
- Maintain the fixed assets and depreciation schedules.
- Prepare and file certain taxes
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations on accounts such as prepaid expenses and accruals.
- Perform financial statement line item variances.
- Lend support with firm forecasting activities and monitor plan versus actual results.
- Support various aspects of internal and external audits, including managing audit requests.
- 0-2 years accounting work experience
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Business with an emphasis in Accounting
- High level of proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel.
- Detail oriented, efficient, organized and deadline-focused.
- Strong understanding of corporate accounting.
- Critical thinking skills
This role will be hybrid, the individual will work approximately three days per week in-office. Individuals hired to work for a team/manager based in our Philadelphia Corporate Headquarters, will be required to show proof of vaccination per our Philadelphia Corporate Headquarters' policy.
Janney is dedicated to promoting and supporting diversity within our workplace. We provide an environment that promotes respect, integrity, teamwork, achievement and acceptance regardless of age, disability, education, gender, gender expression, gender identity, job level, marital status, military status, national origin, parental status, pregnancy, race, religion, sexual orientation, socioeconomic status, or other protected factors. Janney is committed to equal employment opportunities and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Pay Type Salary
- Janney Montgomery Scott LLC, 1717 Arch Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States of America