Store Manager in Training
Are you ready to lead?
The Store Manager in Training (MIT) will train in multiple locations on company policies, procedures, and leadership philosophy in preparation for a Store Manager opportunity. You will work at multiple training locations to learn the various aspects of managing operations of a convenience store. You ensure a clean, pleasant, and friendly place to shop for the customer and a safe place for the employees and customers. You set the example for the operations of the stores to make Jacksons the place to shop for our customers. An MIT is responsible for establishing and maintaining outstanding GUEST service, ensuring maximum sales and profitability through merchandise, inventory, expense control, and managing operating costs and shrinkage.
Take that step and join the Jackson’s family today! Come on, let’s GO!
What will I do as a Store Manager in Training?
Here are just some of the things you will do in this role:
- Greet every GUEST with a smile, thanking them for their business, and inviting them back.
- Recruit, hire, train, and supervise store personnel, evaluate their performance, recommend and/or initiate promotions, transfers, and disciplinary actions including separation of employment.
- Monitor all financial transactions for the store daily and identify reasons for cash or inventory shortages.
- Effectively manage foodservice and beverage programs to ensure maximization of sales.
- Ensure effective store operations including, but not limited to, cash control, inventory, bank drops, daily reports, work schedules, and food service quality with its availability, quality, efficiency of production, etc.
- Ensure cleanliness, inside and outside the store.
- Inspect building and equipment for safety, and ensure proper working order, submitting requests for repairs, maintenance, and safety.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Be safety and security conscious; adhering to all safety guidelines; promptly investigating any customer or team member incidents/accidents.
- Ensure compliance with all city, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations including alcohol, tobacco, and Lotto sales.
- Meet the physical demands of standing, lifting, bending, and pulling items.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
Family owned since 1975, Jacksons is a leader in the convenience store industry. Today, we remain a best-in-class organization in innovation, service, and quality. For this role we are currently looking for those who demonstrate:
- Strong leadership ability with 2+ years’ experience managing team members in a food service or retail environment.
- Willingness and passion for delivering exceptional GUEST service.
- Excellent communication with a friendly can-do attitude!
- Proficiency in basic computer operation.
- Leading by example and doing the right thing, always.
- Teamwork! We work together to get the job done.
- The ability to multitask and to think quick on your feet.
What will I get when I join the team?
- The opportunity to learn new skills in customer service, food service and retail.
- Comprehensive training in state-of-the-art Learning Centers.
- A fun work environment with a family centric environment.
- Awesome benefits, paid time off, and more!
- Competitive compensation, opportunities for advancement, and flexible work schedules.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Paid Time Away
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Merchandise and Fuel Discounts
- Financial benefits including 401k, profit sharing, bonuses, and performance-based raises.
- Tuition Reimbursement and many more!
- Same Day Pay
- Must be able to stand for an extended period.
- While performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and listen.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds
- Work safely in work conditions that include heat, cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor from gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $19.00
- Max Hiring Rate $21.75
- Irvine, CA, USA
- Store 217, 51 Technology Dr, Irvine, California, United States of America