$16.25 - $18.00 per hour
Are you ready to lead?
The Assistant Manager/AMIT supports the Store Manager in the daily operations of the store. In this role, you will fulfill the manager’s duties when the store manager is absent. You will be responsible for various tasks involving the overall operation of a store including, but not limited to maximizing sales/profitability, developing team members, controlling expenses and shortages, and all aspects of merchandising and inventory control.
Take the first step and join the Jackson’s family today! Come on, let’s GO!
What will I do as an Assistant Manager/AMIT?
Here are just some of the things you will do in this role:
- Greet every GUEST with a smile, thanking them for their business, and inviting them back.
- Perform the role of store team members and Shift Lead when needed.
- Provide fast and friendly service while providing accurate product information and helping to build awareness of our products and services.
- Ensure products are properly labeled, rotated, and stocked on shelves, coolers, and displays.
- Effectively manage foodservice and beverage programs to ensure maximization of sales.
- Prepare orders, check in, and communicate with vendors as required.
- Partner with store manager to help develop, train, and motivate team members.
- Ensure cleanliness, inside and outside the store including islands and pumps.
- Prepare and make deposits and safe drops as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of and ensure all company policies and procedures are followed.
- Ensure compliance with all cities, county, state, and federal laws affecting store operations including alcohol, tobacco, and Lotto sales.
- Be safety and security conscious; adhering to all company safety guidelines; promptly reporting any customer or team member incidents/accidents to the Store Manager.
- Meet the physical demands of standing, lifting, bending, and pulling items.
- Additional duties as assigned.
What we’re looking for
Family owned since 1975, Jacksons is a leader in the convenience store industry. Today, we remain a best-in-class organization in innovation, service, and quality. For this role we are currently looking for those who demonstrate:
- Willingness and passion for delivering exceptional GUEST service.
- Excellent communication with a friendly can-do attitude!
- Open availability to support business needs for a 24/7 operation including holidays and weekends.
- Leading by example and doing the right thing, always.
- Teamwork! We work together to get the job done.
- Leadership ability with previous experience supervising team members in a food service or retail environment.
- Knowledge of the position through successful complete of the Assistant Manager in Training Program.
- The ability to think quick on your feet and react to change.
What will I get when I join the team?
Our employees are our most important asset and that’s reflected in our benefits. Jacksons is proud to offer a variety of benefits to support employees and their families, including:
- The opportunity to learn new skills in customer service and retail.
- Comprehensive training in state-of-the-art Learning Centers.
- A fun work environment with a family centric environment.
- Competitive compensation, opportunities for advancement, and flexible work schedules.
- Medical, Vision, Dental, and Paid Time Away
- Life and Disability Insurance
- Merchandise Discounts
- Financial benefits including 401k, profit sharing, bonuses, and performance bases raises.
- Daily and weekly pay
- Tuition Reimbursement and many more!
- Must be able to stand for an extended period.
- While performing the duties of this job, frequently required to stand, walk, bend, and twist; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, or crouch; and talk and listen.
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 65 pounds.
- Work safely in work conditions that include heat, cold, allergen, noise, and fume/chemical/odor from gasoline and cleaning chemicals.
7200 South 365 West
Midvale, UT 84047
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $16.25
- Max Hiring Rate $18.00
- Midvale, UT, USA
- Store 142, 7200 S. 365 W., Midvale, Utah, United States of America