Sr. Java Developer [REMOTE]
The Java Software Developer will solve complex technical problems using varying technologies while mentoring peers on new and emerging ways to tackle the common problems. This role will be a high contributor to the code base for the product, creating new code and refactoring existing code to continually improve the product's adherence to market requirements, architectural requirements, and product requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate as a project team responsible for designing, building, testing, and implementing real-time and predictive traffic modeling services to support both online and mobile applications.
- Contribute in the following areas: application design, traffic model implementation, troubleshooting and problem solving.
- Analyzes requirements and converts to functional software to be validated by product.
- Participate as a principal contributor in design reviews, code reviews, and technical planning sessions
- Serve as technical lead on key initiatives.
- Collaborate in the process of conceiving, specifying, designing, programming, documenting, testing, and bug fixing involved in creating and maintaining applications, frameworks, or other software components.
- Participate in the process of writing and maintaining the source code. It includes all that is involved between the conception of the desired software through to the final manifestation of the software, sometimes in a planned and structured process.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Data Science, or related field
- Minimum two (2) plus years of experience in software development, working in a team capacity planning, designing, implementing, and supporting technical solutions
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in Java to develop and deploy cloud-based services
- Significant experience with MySQL, PostgreSQL, or other DBMS
- Spring/Spring Boot, Maven, JSON, REST, and XML schema languages Working knowledge of SQL preferred
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Software Development
- Pay Type Salary