Sr. Engineer [Oakland]
The Sr. Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of plans, design, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, preparation of reports, and budget estimates. Will also be responsible for regular coordination with public agencies and sub consultants.
What you will be doing:
- Lead or support traffic engineering, signal operations/signal timing, and Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) design, implementation, and integration projects.
- Collaborate with client management delivering projects to the clients' satisfaction within business objectives.
- Liaise with local and regional business development efforts.
- Cultivate strategic thinking to grow business and increase return client rates.
- Perform design and programming activities involving multiple modules or subsystems.
- Periodically participate in coordination meetings and consults with other staff.
- Create documentation required of the product.
- Support staff management and provide mentorship and training for engineering and planning staff.
- Identify technology solutions for clients.
- Define client needs and develop a plan and proposal for delivery of the project.
- May mentor lower-level engineers or planners.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification or International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) certification desired.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in transportation engineering or related field.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience managing project and/or program for public agencies, staff management, and mentoring
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim Traffic, VISSIM (multi-model traffic flow simulation software package), AutoCAD, MicroStation, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary