Customer Service Representative
The Customer Service Center (CSC) is a key connection point between the public and the state DOT, providing travel conditions, initiating work orders (by request), and connecting the public with information and resources.
What you will be doing:
- Provides effective customer service by responding to inquiries and concerns from citizens, visitors to the Commonwealth, and others on a multitude of issues related to state DOT projects, programs, services, and resources.
- Uses established protocols and procedures to ensure accurate and consistent responses for inquiries, focusing on addressing the specific issue as quickly as possible.
- Interaction with customers is primarily through the use of phone and email, but also use of other technology resources as needed (e.g., entering work orders, referral to internet and other resources such as VA 511, etc.); refers more complex issues to appropriate designee.
- Designated as essential personnel and, as such, all duties associated with this job are required during emergency situations which may include but are not limited to inclement weather, disaster response and emergency operations.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Experience involving attention to detail with the ability to work independently, multi-task, and to work well in a fast-paced environment.
- Minimum of 6 months experience using MS Office including Internet Explorer.
- Experience working in a customer service team environment
- Ability to communicate effectively with both internal and external customers and other partners orally and in writing (grammar, voice, and diction) in a customer-focused environment required.
- Conflict management skills to effectively deal with all types of customers in a professional manner.
- Ability to work extended shifts, holidays, nights, and weekend hours as well as during emergency weather events.
- Punctual and reliable schedule adherence.
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly