Manager, Public Relations & Social Media
The Public Relations and Social Media Manager will be responsible for developing and managing public relations activities through press releases and relations with the media, and for executing effective social media communication campaigns that keep Iteris top of mind for investors, customer, and industry partners alike, and position the company as a thought leader in the smart transportation market.
Reporting to the SVP Marketing, the ideal candidate is a competent, fast-learner, enthusiastic and highly driven professional able to work across business units and functions to help tell the Iteris story and value proposition in order to strengthen the company's current position as a market leader.
The role will preferably be located in our corporate offices in Santa Ana California (working a hybrid schedule), but a remote position in the same time zone (PST/PDT) would be considered for the right candidate.
What you will be doing:
- Develop and manage public relations strategy and earned media opportunities.
- Work with members of executive leadership team and individual business units to develop press releases aimed at sharing the company's progress with the investor community.
- Build and manage relationships with key industry publications to shape coverage, protecting and growing the company's identity and brand as a recognized leader in the smart mobility industry.
- Manage all day-to-day B2B organic social media initiatives and activities across all social media platforms: LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook, and YouTube.
- Responsible for developing, maintaining, and executing a monthly social media content calendar and ensuring successful publication of all content in a timely manner
- Supports social content creative development process by collaborating with internal team, providing input on content needed and managing delivery of that content
- Monitors and responds to incoming communication and direct messages to social media channels
- Monitor, measure, analyze and report on all key engagement and content metrics, in order to identify business insights that inform strategies to grow the business and unlock new opportunities.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing with emphasis on communications, public relations or journalism preferred
- Demonstrated track record of managing national PR campaigns required
- Minimum of 2 years public relations experience required; in-house experience preferred, though agency experience will be considered
- Strong writing and editing skills; strong interpersonal communications skills; detail-oriented; mastery of AP Style required
- Experience in social media planning, analytics, creative and concept development
- Working knowledge of digital marketing tools (e.g., Sprout Social, Facebook Business Manager, Google Analytics, Twitter Ads Manager, LinkedIn Campaign Manager etc.).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Knowledge of or experience in transportation sector a plus.
- Attention to detail, highly organized, and proven ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with multiple stakeholders.
- Able to work autonomously with minimal guidance.
- Maintain solid knowledge and follow up on industry mega trends and waves.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Pay Type Salary