MTC 511 - 511 Operations Operator
The 511 Operations Operator provides users with key decision-making information, allowing more users to safely navigate incidents and emergencies.
What you will be doing in this position:
- Monitor Partner Agency Traveler Information Sources and other identified sources/feeds.
- Collect and disseminate traveler information, both traffic and transit, ensuring quality (timely, accurate, and consistent) operational performance.
- Verify accuracy of traveler information, obtaining supplemental information and making edits as necessary before publishing to 511 dissemination channels within established performance timeframe.
- Coordinate with operations partners / stakeholders to obtain updated information on traffic incidents, and monitor systems to ensure updated information is being provided to users.
- Coordinate with operations partners/stakeholders to respond to current and future events, including major traffic and transit disruptions, and emergencies.
- Coordinate directly with Express Lanes (EL) operations staff to obtain and report, via 511 dissemination channels, events that impact EL operations, such as power outages, accidents, and system failures.
- Conduct notifications per escalation procedures in the event of High Profile incidents.
- Perform periodic system checks of the 511 website, 511 phone, and other dissemination channels.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Driving Times and compare to Caltrans Changeable Message Sign (CMS) driving times.
- Perform periodic checks of 511 Transit Departure Times for Bay Area Transit Agencies to ensure departure times are functional during transit service hours.
- Document system deficiencies, failures and anomalies and make notifications in accordance with SOP.
- Support emergency operations, including after-hours support of High Profile incidents.
- Maintain skills proficiency in MTC 511 operations.
- Maintain skills proficiency in Express Lanes operations adequately to support augmentation needs.
- Participate in training needed for existing and new systems as they come online.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Computer proficiency; skilled in standard software applications such as Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Access, Outlook)
- Clear and proper oral and written communication
- Experience supervising others in high-stress work environments
- Ability and willingness to work rotating shifts
- Ability and willingness to work as designated Essential Personnel
- Ability and willingness to support as augmented staff to the Express Lanes Operations Center
What’s in it for you:
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function TOC
- Pay Type Hourly