Traffic Operations Corridor Manager
The Traffic Operations Corridor Manager identifies operational concerns that are affecting traffic flow and initiates the implementation of strategies to eliminate or mitigate those concerns. Traffic Operations Corridor Managers are signal timing specialists who are experienced in the field of arterial traffic operations and are extremely familiar with the traffic operations along the program corridors.
What you will be doing:
- Ensure that critical State Road arterial corridors are being operated at a high level of efficiency and effectiveness by establishing baseline conditions for each corridor, identifying any deficiencies, monitoring the corridor on a regular basis to identify any degradation of the corridor requiring corrective action, and then initiating such corrective action.
- Provide signal timing plan development/refinement following maintaining agency protocol and practice and development/refinement of special event timing plans to be implemented as part of active arterial management.
- Focus on daily operations of multiple arterial roadways to which he/she is assigned.
- Use all available platforms (ATMS, travel time, ATSPM, CMS, etc.) to analyze and adjust signal operations to obtain maximum throughput and provide safe, reliable, and efficient arterial operations.
- Report directly to the Arterial Engineer and coordinate with Integrated Corridor Management (ICM) Operators; spend majority of time at the Regional Traffic Management Center (RTMC) and liaise with maintaining agency contacts.
- Assist in the coordination of AAM/TMC activities by assisting in the management of responses to disasters and high-profile special events, accommodating the data needs of special agencies and third parties, etc.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or related field (consideration will be given for equivalent experience)
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signal Field Technician Level I (or obtain within 6 months)
- International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) Traffic Signals Certification - Level II or higher preferred
- Engineer in Training (EIT) preferred
- Experience in Traffic Management Center (TMC) operations
- FDOT District 5 arterial corridors knowledge
- Practical knowledge of ATMS platforms and traffic signal controllers
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Synchro and Tru-Traffic software programs
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems - Southeast
- Pay Type Salary