Lead Software Developer [Remote]
Iteris is looking for a motivated Lead Back End Software Developer who wants to help make transportation systems safer and more efficient. This individual will work within Iteris' Transportation Analytics team, which is a core group of software engineers, data scientists, designers, and product managers who develop software products that provide dynamic tools, dashboards, and reports that help our public agency clients better understand, plan, and manage the transportation network. You will be implementing the backend services that support the applications that people use across the country to make roads safer, reliable and better for all of us.
What you will be doing:
- Lead the development of Iteris' industry leading transportation analytics products which collect, analyze, and visualize traffic data to help federal, state, and local governments make smart investment decisions and improve safety.
- Collaborate with product and technical staff on product roadmap and R&D planning
- Perform code reviews and design reviews to ensure development best practices are being adhered to
- Research and adopt new utilities, frameworks, and technologies
- Mentor new/junior developers
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics/Data Science, or related field
- Minimum 10 years software development experience; back-end
- Four (4) plus years of experience utilizing Python, Python web frameworks (and ORM) with Django (preferred), or Flask
- Ability to work directly with Subject Matter Experts to translate requirements into specifications and code
- Experience with developing web applications deployed to the cloud (AWS preferred), RESTful API development (e.g., Django Rest Framework) preferred
- Experience in an Agile development methodology including best practices such as automated tests, continuous integration, shared ownership, pull requests and code reviews desired
- Experience with various AWS application technologies such as Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, Redshift, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Pay Type Salary