* SIGN-ON BONUS Available *
The Engineer has responsibilities that include performing transportation planning or traffic engineering work in the development of plans, design, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, preparation of reports, and budget estimates. Regular coordination with public agencies and sub consultants. Apply technology to solve complex issues in transportation, work in partnership with senior engineering staff, various municipalities, including state, regional and local agencies to deliver various transportation engineering projects to improve our communities.
What you will be doing:
Perform transportation or traffic engineering work in the development of design plans and specifications, traffic operations, signal systems management and operations, reports, and budget estimates.
- Responsible for assisting with coordination with public agencies and sub consultants.
- Create documentation required of the product.
- Identify technology solutions for clients, define client needs and develop a plan and proposal for delivery of the project.
What you need to be successful in this role:
- Bachelor's Degree (four-year college or technical school) Required, Field of Study: Civil Engineering, Transportation Planning, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Traffic Operations Engineer (PTOE) certification, Traffic Engineer, or International Municipal Signal Association (IMSA) certification desired.
- Minimum four (4) years of experience in transportation planning and traffic engineering
- Applies technical skills/analysis to solve problems effectively.
- Experience with traffic signal system design and operations, implementation, and fine tuning of signal timing.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Google Docs
- Familiar with tools such as Synchro, Sim T
What’s in it for you:
- Incentive-based fiscal year-end bonuses
- 401(k)/Retirement savings plan and match on day one
- Comprehensive medical and dental coverage
- Vision plan
- Life insurance
- Medical reimbursement plans
- Disability coverage
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO) benefits
- Family-friendly programs
- Comprehensive education assistance program
- In-house training programs
(NASDAQ: ITI) is a pioneer and leader in smart mobility, providing industry-leading technologies and services that help cities, states and commercial enterprises achieve safer, smarter and more sustainable transportation systems. From AI-powered sensors and connected vehicle technologies at the intersection to powerful cloud-based software solutions, and a broad range of consulting services – from intelligent transportation system (ITS) planning, design and engineering to staffing and operations, and much more – Iteris is the only company positioned to deliver the future of smart mobility. And we want YOU to join us on this important journey!
Iteris, Inc. is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, race, gender identity and expression, color, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy or related conditions (including breastfeeding), national origin/ancestry, religion, military/veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status or any other characteristic and group protected by applicable law. Iteris, Inc. complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act to ensure equal access to all qualified individuals with a physical or mental disability. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. A valid driver’s license may be required based on essential duties.
- Job Function Systems
- Pay Type Salary