Aquatics - Lifeguard - Opener 5am
ASSOCIATION LIFEGUARD – Openers - 5am
ALL locations available
Do you love getting an early start to the day? Looking for a way to give back to your community and earn some cash? All pools at the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis are hiring Lifeguards NOW.
GET PAID extra by joining as a new YMCA employee NOW:
- $250 sign-on bonus
- Free Y membership
- 20 hours per week of free child care
- Flexible hours/scheduling
- Free lifeguard training
- Discounted program fees
- Discount on cell phone rates
- Professional development
- We hire age 14-15 as Assistant Swim Instructors; age 16+ Swim Instructors and Lifeguards
Under the direction of the Aquatic Coordinator/Program Specialist and Head Guard, the Lifeguard is responsible for providing a safe environment for all participants in and around the pool, which includes responding to emergencies and administering CPR and First Aid effectively (according to certifications-YMCA and American Heart Association guidelines).
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must possess and maintain current YMCA Lifeguard certificate, American Red Cross Lifeguard certificate or Ellis and Associates Lifeguard Certificate, including current First Aid and CPR Healthcare Provider certifications.
- Must have the ability to pass basic lifeguard skills test, including swimming 500 yards.
- Must possess and have the ability to relate to and communicate with people of all ages, cultures, and abilities.
For more information please contact our Recruiters:
South/Central/West locations: Tayan Marshall-McDowell at: 317-713-8525 or firstname.lastname@example.org
North/East locations: Kayla Ducking at: email@example.com
YMCA Pools with Lifeguard/Swim Instructor/Associate Swim Instructor Openings:
Benjamin Harrison YMCA
Irsay Family YMCA
Hendricks Regional Health YMCA
It is the policy of the YMCA of Greater Indianapolis to provide equal employment opportunity to employees and candidates for employment. Accordingly, there shall be no discrimination against any employee or candidate for employment due to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability or against disabled veterans and veterans of the Vietnam era. This policy is applicable to the policies governing recruitment, hiring and placement, promotion, training, compensation, employment environment, and separation or termination.
Compliance with this policy is the personal responsibility of all personnel, especially those whose duties are related to the hiring of new employees and the status or tenure of current employees. Further, as an Equal Opportunity Employer, the company will cooperate fully in the implementation of applicable laws and executive orders.
- Job Function SERV1
- Pay Type Hourly
- Job Start Date Friday, February 11, 2022
- Job End Date Tuesday, May 31, 2022
- Indianapolis, IN, USA