Residential Counselor (DSP) - Timber Ridge
***$1,000 SIGN ON BONUS!***
Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. We support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
"Our mission is creating a world of opportunity for all abilities."
As an employee with Imagine!'s Residential Services department, you work directly with the individuals we serve. You will provide a helping hand as they achieve their goals and contribute to their communities. You will celebrate their successes and help them overcome their challenges. This position offers the opportunity to create memories that last a lifetime, all while making your community healthier, happier, and more inclusive.
We are looking for a part time employee (24 hours/week) to help fill the following schedule:
Tuesday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Wednesday: 7:30am - 4:30pm
Saturday: 12:00pm-6:00pm (Saturday hours are flexible)
Key aspects of this position include:
· Provides for the health, safety, and welfare of the consumers with disabilities in their homes.
· Attends to consumer health and safety needs according to all assessment and care plans, including medication administration, eating and feeding, personal hygiene (including restroom assistance), and home and community safety.
· Performs cleaning, cooking, and other site maintenance as assigned.
· Ensures the ongoing facilitation of person-centered principals in the home.
· Deals effectively with crisis situations.
· Driving participants in Imagine! vehicles to and from outings and activities.
· Maintains the residential site and consumer personal belongings in good repair, being mindful of safety and cleanliness.
· Monitors, collects and documents data on individual service plans. This may include implementation of individual protocols or behavior plans written by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst and supported by our Behavioral Services Team.
· Promotes team morale by being positive and professional.
Training and Supports:
Imagine provides paid training for all of our Direct Support Professionals. A list of trainings provided includes, but is not limited to:
· CPR and First Aid
· QMAP certification (Medication Administration)
· Safe Food Handling
· Safety Care certification by Quality Behavioral Solutions
· Lifts and Transfers
· Driving and vehicle safety
· Shadowing shifts with veteran staff and supervisors
Knowledge, Skill and Ability
· Demonstrated skill in working with people with developmental disabilities, preferably in a residential setting.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
· Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver or productively confront conflict.
· Ability to work independently including traveling and working in the community.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
· This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
· High school diploma or GED
· Some college coursework and/or IDD training preferred
· Ability and willingness to successfully complete required training curriculum. This includes developing an understanding of the Group Home structure, services, philosophy, as well as community resources, etc.
· Experience working with people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) preferred, but not required – work in similar fields or with similar job duties accepted
· Examples of comparable work include paraprofessionals, Special Education (SPED Certified) professionals, childcare including experience as a nanny or babysitter, CNA, QMAP Caregiver, Direct Support Professionals, Direct Care and Assisted Living experience.
Working Environment/Physical Activities (with or without reasonable accommodations):
· Ability to lift 50 pounds – assisting in lifts and transfers. Additional training provided.
· Ability to push wheelchairs. Additional training provided.
· Ability to support participants with personal care needs - eating, using the restroom, dressing appropriately, basic safety and other areas. Additional training provided.
· Ability to drive and clean driving record (MVR). Additional driver safety training provided.
· Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
Benefits offered for part-time and full-time, eligible employees:
· Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance (multiple plan options, with benefits-eligibility starting at 20+hrs)
· Company-paid Life Insurance and AD&D + Long Term Disability
· Optional Voluntary Life Insurance
· Retirement Savings Plan 403(b) with company match
· Ten Paid Holidays
· Vacation and Sick Leave + Paid Wellbeing Days
· Child Care Discount Program
· Flexible Spending Account for Child/Dependent Care and Medical Expenses
· EcoPass (free, unlimited regional public transportation pass – bus, light rail)
· Employee Assistance Program
· Pet Insurance
· Click here for more Benefit details:
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Boulder, CO, USA