Nurse Case Manager LPN
***$2,000 SIGN ON BONUS!!!***
30 hours/week - Full Time and benefit eligible
Imagine! is a nonprofit with a goal of helping people aspire to, and achieve, a fulfilling life of new possibilities by providing support services to individuals with developmental and cognitive disabilities. We support Boulder and Broomfield counties.
"Our mission is creating a world of opportunity for all abilities."
At Imagine!, our mission is to create a world of opportunities for all abilities. Imagine! is a statewide leader in providing services for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Our services are community-based and mission-driven. We value creativity, innovation, and teamwork. Our employees enjoy competitive compensation, generous benefits, flexible work schedules, comfortable work environments, as well as challenging and valuable work with friendly, supportive co-workers. We offer comprehensive orientation, training, and opportunities for professional development.
Purpose of Position-
- Coordinates inclusive health care and community-based services, home visits, assessments and caregiver education for an assigned caseload.
- Independently develops, implements, and evaluates adequate care plans in a community setting, while working with other health care providers and agencies to integrate care.
- Provides quality leadership and oversight to caregivers providing direct care in the community.
- Works in close association with all members of the Imagine! Services team to ensure the delivery of high quality, medical services.
- Responsible for nursing case management for assigned case load.
- Attends and participates in Individualized Plan (IP) meetings for assigned case load. Attends IDT meetings as needed and revises medical plans as necessary.
- Writes, implements and monitors adherence to Protocols.
- Provides training and monitors staff in providing care to each consumer.
- Monitors all medical appointments and follows-up, processes and signs off on physician orders for individuals on residential nurse case manager caseload.
- Effectively represents Nursing Services in maintaining relationships with local and State agencies, committees, taskforces, commissions, teams, or other bodies which monitor or otherwise affect the operations of Nursing Services. This includes the Colorado Association of Nurses for the Developmentally Disabled as well as the Developmental Disabilities Nurses Associate (DDNA).
- Ensures Nursing Services are performed resources in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, County and Municipal statutes, regulations, rules and policies on a daily basis. Participates in Medical Quality Assurance.
- This position requires regular use of a personal vehicle with liability insurance that meets Imagine! standards.
Knowledge, Skill, and Ability:
· General knowledge of developmental disabilities system in Colorado. This includes knowledge of the federal and state rules and regulations governing Nursing Services.
· Demonstrated knowledge in seizure disorders, medications, treatments and emergency interventions as well as knowledge of G-tube and J-tube feeding procedures.
· Effective written and verbal communication skills with individuals and groups at all professional levels.
· Effective and creative negotiator and problem solver.
· Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks/goals for self and others.
· Ability to work effectively with various technology including word processing software, internet based databases, assistive technology, etc.
· Possession of a valid driver’s license and ability to meet Imagine! driving requirements.
· This position requires regular use of a personal mobile device such as a smartphone or tablet.
· Licensed Practical Nurse degree.
· Specialty certification in developmental disabilities preferred.
· Current license as a Licensed Practical Nurse in good standing.
· A minimum of two years related experience required.
Working Environment/Physical Activities
· Ability to lift 50 pounds.
· Effective with shifting roles, responsibilities, and expectations in a changing environment.
· Willingness and ability to respond to emergency situations as they arise.
Note: This job posting is not a full description of the position and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with the job. Job descriptions are provided upon hire or request.
Equal Employment Opportunity – Valuing Diversity, Equity and Inclusion:
Imagine! is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws governing Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO). We strive to foster a just, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We also recognize the value of diversity within our organization, and want to employ a workforce that effectively supports the diverse communities we serve. Unlawful discrimination in employment because of race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender expression, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, hair style or texture, genetic information, or other characteristics protected by applicable laws is strictly prohibited.
- Pay Type Hourly
- Min Hiring Rate $27.00
- Max Hiring Rate $30.00
- Required Education Bachelor’s Degree
- Lafayette, CO, USA
- Longmont, CO, USA