IHS seeks an experienced Recruiter to serve as an integral member of our Human Resources team and support the organization’s talent needs. This individual will be responsible for researching, developing, and implementing effective recruiting and staffing strategies to attract a diverse pool of qualified and capable talent for the organization. The Recruiter will also be expected to provide interview training to staff, work with managers to facilitate employee onboarding and offboarding, and serve as the team’s back-up administrator for selected HR operations including payroll and benefits.
- Develops, facilitates, and implements all phases of the recruitment process
- Collaborates with department managers to identify and draft detailed and accurate job descriptions and hiring criteria
- Identifies and implements efficient and effective recruiting methods and strategies based on the available role, industry standards, and the needs of the organization
- Manages the job posting and advertisement processes
- Reviews applications and selects qualified candidates
- Conducts initial candidate screening interviews
- Schedules additional interviews; oversees preparation of interview questions and other hiring and selection materials
- Assists with the interview process, attending and conducting post-interview meetings with managers, directors, and other stakeholders
- Collaborates with the hiring manager and/or other human resource staff during the offer process, identifying and recommending salary ranges, incentives, start dates, and other pertinent details
- Creates materials for and conducts staff interview training
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and company policies
- Attends and participates in job fairs and recruiting sessions
- Collaborates with managers to plan and conduct onboarding for new employees, and offboarding for departing staff
- Manages payroll, benefits, and other HR operations occasionally (in absence of primary administrator)
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in Human Resources or a related field
- 3 to 5 years of experience managing all phases of the recruitment and hiring process
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiation skills
- A demonstrated ability to work independently while being proactive, prioritizing effectively, and meeting deadlines
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, and best practices applicable to hiring and recruitment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite or related software
- Familiarity with applicant-tracking software or other recruitment systems preferred
- SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP a plus
About the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University:
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) supports and partners with university professors working within the classical liberal intellectual tradition. Our vision is that higher education becomes a place where the open exchange of ideas flourishes, and where ideas within the classical liberal tradition are regularly taught, discussed, challenged, and developed so that they inform scholarly and public discourse on the key challenges facing a free society.
Each year, IHS provides thousands of aspiring and established professors graduate student fellowships, career development support, research funding, and support for on-campus student programs. Most importantly, through its scholarly convenings IHS connects these scholars to one another to form a diverse and growing community of thought leaders advancing ideas essential to the good society—a pluralistic and tolerant society in which individuals and communities flourish in a context of openness, dignity, equality, and freedom.
We have a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA