The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) seeks an Operations Coordinator to join our Program Operations team to provide operational and administrative support to our growing suite of programs. This role will work with cross-functional teams to manage participant communications, data management, and payments. Operations Coordinators are motivated self-starters, strong communicators, and collaborators, and enjoy working in the details. They’re able to work on projects independently or with a team and are constantly thinking of how to standardize and improve internal processes as well as how to make our audience’s experience more enjoyable.
- Manage audience communications and external email inboxes
- Assist with internal data management for our academic programs
- Manage participant payments and troubleshoot any payment issues
- Manage shipping process for program collateral, at times weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Staff on-site and online IHS programs/academic conferences, as needed
- Assist with miscellaneous projects as needed
The ideal candidate will possess
- A customer-service mindset
- Exceptional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- A well-developed ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- A willingness to adapt to new and changing circumstances
- A strong appreciation for classical liberal principles (individual rights, free markets, limited
- government, voluntarism, and peace)
- Familiarity with an academic environment, and the expectations and values of academic
- Experience working with Asana, Salesforce, and/or Pardot (a plus)
No event planning experience is required for this position.
About the Institute for Humane Studies at George Mason University:
The Institute for Humane Studies (IHS) supports and partners with university professors working within the classical liberal intellectual tradition. Our vision is that higher education becomes a place where the open exchange of ideas flourishes, and where ideas within the classical liberal tradition are regularly taught, discussed, challenged, and developed so that they inform scholarly and public discourse on the key challenges facing a free society.
Each year, IHS provides thousands of aspiring and established professors graduate student fellowships, career development support, research funding, and support for on-campus student programs. Most importantly, through its scholarly convenings IHS connects these scholars to one another to form a diverse and growing community of thought leaders advancing ideas essential to the good society—a pluralistic and tolerant society in which individuals and communities flourish in a context of openness, dignity, equality, and freedom.
We have a flexible, professional, open office environment that encourages innovation and entrepreneurship and provides substantial opportunity for professional growth. Salary is competitive and will be commensurate with experience. IHS provides exceptional benefits to all employees, including health and dental insurance coverage (which includes paying 100% of the health and dental insurance premium for individuals), health savings accounts, long-term disability and life insurance, a 403(b) retirement savings program, a parking permit and 12 free tuition credit hours annually at George Mason University.
- Pay Type Salary
- 3434 Washington Blvd, Arlington, VA 22201, USA