FFA Social Worker
JOB SUMMARY: Sycamores provides a spectrum of equitable mental health services through various programs to multicultural populations of all acuities. Although it serves a variety of consumers, the agency focuses primarily on providing care to low-income, high at- risk youth.
The role of the Social Worker is to provide social work/case management services to assist with the recruitment and certification of Resource Parents including completing the written report, reunification/permanency planning goal of minors in foster placement, to support and monitor certified foster parents, and to support the activities of the department in meeting programmatic and treatment objectives of the Agency/County/State.
The FFA SW will conduct initial interviews with families to determine if they are appropriate prospects and will visit homes in person or virtually to deem the potential Resource Parent as appropriate for certification. Once the potential resource parent is vetted as appropriate, the FFA SW will conduct SAFE home interviews and complete written reports as part of the certification process.
The FFA SW will utilize the electronic FFA health record to gather all required pre-certification documents from prospective Resource Parents that will be used in the certification process. The FFA SW will work with families to ensure homes and documents are in place for certification and to ensure compliance with Title 22 regulations, knowledge of the Interim Licensing Standards ILS (latest version), Sycamores FFA program and Agency policies.
- Master's degree from an accredited or state approved graduate school in social work or social welfare, marriage, family and child counseling, child psychology, child development, counseling psychology or social psychology.
- Maintains all required licenses and certifications.
- Valid California Driver License and a driving record acceptable to the Agency’s insurance carrier.
- Social work personnel that do not meet the Master's degree requirements above may apply for an exception provided he/she completes the coursework and field practice or experience requirements specified above.
- All Title 22 requirements for FFA social work staff must be met. Waivers and/or exemptions may be considered based on requirements set forth in Title 22
- Must have skills necessary to engage and work with others from diverse backgrounds
- Maintain a non-judgmental attitude toward families
All candidates who are presented with a conditional offer of employment must satisfy a pre-employment background check, drug and health screen.
Sycamores is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Further, Sycamores is a Fair Chance employer and complies with California Government Code Section 12952, Employment Discrimination: Conviction History.
- Job Family Non-Billing Direct Care
- Pay Type Salary
- Required Education Master’s Degree
- Altadena, CA, USA