Corp Human Resources - Human Resource Business Partner
Harbor Group Management Company is a multi-billion dollar real estate investment and property management firm. As we continue to grow, we are looking for passionate, goal oriented, creative individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit and great communication skills. Harbor Group is dedicated to outstanding customer service and providing exquisite living experience for our residents.
- Partner with senior leaders to define and execute their business and talent strategy.
- Partner with the business on talent decisions, providing consultation and expertise.
- Provide expert counsel and coaching to team members in their roles and with their own personal development.
- Support the business with organizational change and development as necessary.
- Apply the broader set of HR policies and procedures to align with business strategy.
- Act as human resource focused business partner to leaders and managers to optimize team member engagement, talent acquisition & development, succession planning and organization effectiveness.
- Market, source, screen and recommend qualified candidates in key positions for assigned searches for corporate positions; guide managers through the recruiting and onboarding processes to ensure a smooth new hire experience.
- Drive team member performance management throughout the year by providing guidance to managers on appropriate goal setting, coaching, and feedback, leading to the annual & mid-year review processes.
- Conduct investigations of team member misconduct or other violations of company policy, or which result from discrimination charges, to recommend appropriate course of action, or respond to charges.
- Partner with Total Rewards team to provide feedback from team member groups, generate new ideas, and assist in the promotion & implementation of benefits & compensation programs.
- Provide policy interpretation and consultation for staff and managers; ensure compliance with federal, state & local regulations.
- Coordinate with benefits team to manage leave requests such as FMLA, STD, etc.
- Manage the New York City-based internship program.
- Conduct exit interviews.
- BS degree, plus minimum of 5-7 years of experience in a multistate environment, with focus on corporate level recruiting and team member relations required; PHR/SPHR preferred.
- Experience in financial services, investment management, and/or asset management industry required.
- Experience working across the various HR disciplines including compensation, recruiting and talent management.
- Ability to execute firm-wide talent initiatives with excellence in a fast paced, corporate environment, commitment to innovation and continuous improvement.
- Demonstrated expertise building consensus on a cross-functional basis.
- Experience managing a variety of team member relations issues across geographies.
- Ability to develop strong trusting relationships with all levels of management, to gain support & achieve results.
- Able to manage priorities and work collaboratively in a team environment; excellent analytical & verbal, written & presentation skills.
- Skilled in strategic thinking, integrated thinking, and process improvement.
- Able to work out of the New York City, NY corporate office.
- Able to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
This pre-employment application will be given every consideration, but its receipt does not imply that the applicant will be employed. Each question should be answered in a complete and accurate manner as no action can be taken on this application until all questions have been answered.
- Job Family Human Resources
- Pay Type Salary
- Harbor Group Management Company, 24 West 40th Street, New York, New York, United States of America