We encourage you to bring your talent and effort to Harvest Sherwood and contribute to our shared success, while having fun, serving our customers, and strengthening the local communities in which we operate. As the largest independent wholesale food distributor in the U.S., with 15 distribution centers from coast-to-coast, Harvest Sherwood is an essential business. We buy, sell and deliver fresh, high quality protein products and other foods to over 6,000 retail and foodservice customers.
The HACCP Coordinator partners and receives directions from the Director of Production Operations in developing, maintaining, and implementing specific systems under FDA/USDA regulations. Effectively interact with the production team to maintain quality of incoming goods and finished products.
The HACCP Coordinator/SQF Practitioner will be assigned duties, based on organizational needs and duties.
- Ensure compliance to quality and food safety programs and procedures specified by the company and regulated by federal, state and local agencies
- Completes daily, weekly and monthly inspections are performed; corrective actions are implemented, communicated and documented
- Oversees facility pre-op inspections, facility inspections, maintenance and plant improvement log
- Review and evaluate all records for accuracy and completeness and determine need for process improvement
- Perform product sampling per requirements (collect samples) and coordinate in internal and/or external sampling
- Evaluate product sample at time of receiving and during production (e.g., appearance, size, moisture analysis, ingredient statements)
- Frequent communication with General Manager regarding continuity of the food safety programs
- Oversee the development, implementation, review and maintenance of the SQF and food safety fundamentals, and food safety plan
- Take appropriate action to ensure the integrity of the SQF System
- Communicate to relevant personnel all information essential to ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the SQF and food safety systems
- Managing various audits, both external and internal – including Organic, SQF, Customer, Export
- Handling of all label related submittals and approvals, nutritional information, and layout in collaboration with marketing
- Management of spec sheets and ingredients/allergens program
- Perform other tasks as needed
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must have HACCP certification
- Over 3 years of practical experience in Food Safety or Quality Assurance/Control in a food manufacturing or distribution facility
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to problem solve and perform root cause analysis
- Walking, squatting, bending over, reaching over-and-under, climbing, and lifting (5 to 50 lbs.)
- Be employed by the site as a company employee on a Full – Time basis, flexible for 1099 contracting
- Hold a position of responsibility in relation to the management of the site’s SQF system
- Be competent to implement and maintain HACCP based food and safety plans
- Have an understanding of the SQF food safety code and the requirements implement and maintain SQF system relevant to the site’s scope of certification
*We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Job Family Warehouse
- Pay Type Salary
- Hamilton Meats, 3515 Main Street, Chula Vista, California, United States of America