Facilities - Facility Technician II (Phoenix)
Harkins Theatres seeks a skilled Facilities Technician II to join our Facilities team and focus on our Phoenix, Arizona theatres. The successful Facilities Technician II will perform preventative and routine maintenance of equipment and facilities for assigned buildings and/or properties. They will ensure assigned facilities are maintained and repaired to superior quality, minimizing downtime and ensuring a safe environment.
- Performs on-site repair and maintenance of assigned facilities.
- Provides preventative maintenance and repairs for concession equipment, auditorium seating, restroom, lighting, HVAC, minor electrical, basic plumbing, tile repairs, drywall/painting, etc.
- Conducts safety observations, performs repairs for potentially hazardous conditions, notifies theatre management of safety concerns.
- Performs odd tasks that may include hauling or moving boxes and other equipment, scaffolding work, roof repairs, etc.
- Mentors and assists in training junior technicians, including troubleshooting assistance
- Coordinates repairs with outside vendors, as needed.
- Updates help desk tickets as necessary.
- Must carry a cell phone and be available evenings and weekends for emergencies.
- Must maintain and properly use company issued tools and materials.
- Communicates effectively in writing and verbally.
- Regular attendance and physical presence at the work site. Travel required between designated company locations daily.
- Provides training/cross training and progress reviews of other technicians, as needed.
- Performs special projects, including organizing project teams as needed .
- Occasional overnight travel (10%)
- Reads, analyzes, interprets and implements solutions from blueprints, manuals, schematics, contract documents, control drawings, equipment specifications and governmental regulations.
- College degree, trade school certification, high school diploma or GED and 5+ years of experience in electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, welding, etc.
- Advanced knowledge of electrical, plumbing, or mechanical systems required.
- Demonstrates good problem solving abilities and awareness of surrounding issues.
- Supervisory/training/mentoring experience a plus.
- Microsoft Excel, Outlook, Word and internet research.
- Able to perform and teach lock out- tag out procedures.
- Reliable truck or van and willingness to travel.
- Good verbal and written English communication skills.
- Organized with strong attention to detail and ability to exercise judgment and discretion in maintaining confidential and sensitive information.
- Able to focus and navigate aggressive deadlines.
- Able to work independently and/or with a team.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit evidence of vaccination.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Facilities
- Pay Type Hourly
- Phoenix, AZ, USA