Public Relations/Communications Outreach Specialist
Harkins Theatres is searching for a dynamic Public Relations Specialistto join our Marketing Team at the Theatre Support Office based in beautiful Scottsdale, Arizona. The Public Relations & Community Outreach Specialist will be responsible for the strategy and day-to-day support of Harkins public relations efforts. Public relations initiatives include writing press releases, media alerts and pitches, monitoring and tracking publicity coverage and corresponding with media outlets to support Harkins business initiatives. They will formulate public relations plans to support company programs. The successful PR Specialist will assist in public relations elements including broadcast, print, online and events. They will also provides tactical implementation of media relations to build and support Harkins brand and marketing goals.
- Assists in developing the annual public relations plan to promote the Harkins brand programs and initiatives.
- Writes and distributes press releases, media alerts and pitches.
- Manages all aspects of media monitoring including tracking and issuing reports.
- Coordinates all media requests including fielding media calls, routing requests for internal approval, coordinating schedules with theatres and issuing reports on media events.
- Leader for all charity initiatives and main point of contact for multiple charity partnerships.
- Tracks and executes all charity partnerships and executes Harkins Theatres deliverables.
- Manages all aspects of in-kind donations and PSA donations including receiving requests, processing, tracking and issuing all materials to vendors and organizations.
- Manages and tracks purchase orders and invoices for public relations and charity related initiatives.
- Creates monthly press release calendar and works directly with Manager of Brand Marketing and Director of Marketing on strategy of release dates.
- Develops and distributes press kit materials for media outlets.
- Focuses on maximizing public relations opportunities to support company promotions and programs.
- Serves as the primary contact for media, building and cultivating relationships with media contacts.
- Arranges TV and radio interviews and writing of media talking notes for interviewees.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or 2+ years of experience in media or public relations.
- Strong knowledge of public relations and industry trends.
- Excellent guest service skills.
- Social media experience a plus.
- Capable of remaining calm and using good judgment in elevating situations.
- Maintains a professional attitude and demeanor. Demonstrates unimpeachable integrity and accountability. Communicates professionally in all circumstances.
- Embraces Harkins’ inclusiveness and treats everyone with respect. Works well as part of a team and assumes the best intentions of everyone. Works collaboratively to achieve company goals.
- Must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and able to submit evidence of vaccination.
- Competitive pay
- Excellent Health Insurance Package (medical, dental, vision) dramatically subsidized by the company
- Short/long-term disability and life insurance plans 100% paid by company
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off in addition to sick pay benefits and paid holidays
- Free soda and popcorn in the office
- FREE MOVIES and much more!
Harkins Theatres is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of age, race, religion, color, disability, sex, sexual orientation or national origin.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
- Job Family Marketing
- Pay Type Salary
- Scottsdale, AZ, USA